Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Edge Boardshop, Downhill Festival, and Souvenir!

Ok! So here are some of the things I've been doing!

So this was done a while ago. It made it when I was learning how to do clipping masks. A clipping mask is a special  layer in photoshop that allows you to stitch an image behind a shape, allowing the image behind to be visible through the object on top (the "boardshop" was the clipping mask), without having to do complicated and technical stuff. Unfortunately, photoshop elements doesn't have a clipping mask function, so I can only do this sort of thing at school.


This one I did for fun during my computer tech. class. I made the original image of the longboarder black and white. I then made a new layer which I painted on simply using the brush tool. I then went into the layer's blending options and used a custom blend so that the colors on the top layer would replace the "color" on the black and white layer. It sounds complicated, but in reality it's super easy, and it makes your pictures look way cool. I then added a simple type layer and yeah!


This guy right here is another thing I did for fun, utilizing blending options like I did in the image above, but I used different styles. Kinda the same effect. The real image is huge, by the way. 
It's a fake banner for a downhill longboarding event.


It's just a little advertisement I guess. A poster perhaps? Drang Longboards all the way!


These are all ideas for a poster for a band or music artist for inside a concert. The only difference between them all is the logo in the middle. The three last ones are probably among my favorites because I found out while I was messing with the blending options for the logo, I could set it to where the logo would hide behind a certain range of colors (i.e. blue, green, red, or black) on the layer below, which was the clouds and sky. I really liked how it turned out!








No comments:

Post a Comment